intoMUSIC is an educational project that aims to develop
new ways of learning and teaching music in public or normal schools,
focusing on: up-scalling music teachers competences, elaborating new teaching methodologies, disseminating these methodologies through peer-learning and multiplier events, reinforce European cooperation in the field of music teaching.
The project will happen in the next 2 years, is funded by Erasmus+ programme and developed by 4 associations in different countries:
Aims to develop, support and promote cultural-artistic manifestations by organizing festivals, events, concerts, training stages, exhibitions, conferences in collaboration with musicians all over the world;
Is an institutionalized body for further collaboration among youth&music organizations from European and Arab states, especially those working in the Eastern Mediteranean region;
As a company oriented to design, producing and coordinating cultural events, BeArtive has as priority to enrich the Arts through the research of new ways of expression and the relation of music along with other performing arts and creativity in general;
Aims to create artistic and cultural connections of an international level with a special focus on the European dimension; enhancing knowledge exchange, networking and artistic expression.
Improving teaching experience for all direct beneficiaries 16 music teachers participating in IO development and training course and another 80 music teachers participating in focus groups and testing activities throughout 24 months of implementation indirect beneficiaries.
Developing teaching competences based on a holistic approach and the insertion of technology for 16 music teachers who will use the IOs of the project in their teaching activities
Creating a network of music teachers (80 teachers) who will work together in other projects (cooperation and exchange of good practices)
Online course for methods in the field of music education
Focus on building teaching methods based on the pillars: rhythm and sound- people and places- connections with other disciplines
Internationalization of music teaching through gamification
Integrating ecology, handcrafting
Online toolkit for music teaching with recycled materials
OER / e-learning platform
A platform open to teaching and learning music contents
Register for the first intoMUSIC mobility in Cyprus, 18-25 July 2021
Call for Teachers
intoMUSIC call for music teachers 2021
Application period: 7 – 31 May
Interviews: 2 – 4 June
Informing successful applicants: 7th of June
In the framework of intoMUSIC project, 16 music teachers from Romania, Greece, Cyprus and France (4 from each country), will have the chance to participate in a week-long training course, taking place in Cyprus on July 18-25.2021, in the picturesque Vavla village, 20 km from Larnaca and the seaside.
During this week, the selected teachers will work together to develop and test a number of novel digital tools and new educational methods. Training today’s teachers in the skills of ICT and online learning is necessary for 21st century classrooms.
The call is addressed to music teachers that are active in public schools and private schools, both public and professional schools, at all educational levels.
intoMUSIC will cover:
- Travel cost to Cyprus from your departure city: Thessaloniki (GR), Lyon (FR), Timișoara (RO)
- Transportation from/to the airport
- Accomodation (7 nights – double rooms)
- Meals (2 meals/day)
Structure of the training course:
- 6 days, 6 hours/day, personal laptops being required during the sessions
Mandatory qualifications and skills:
- A degree in a music related subject
- Certificate/Proof of music pedagogy studies
- Fluent in english speaking and writing
- To have basic computer experience such as: music recording/editing software, communication and searching information tools and educational software.
- A positive attitude towards learning new tools and apply them at teaching-learning process
In the application form:
- CV – an up to date curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter (up to 800 words) addressing the next questions:
- Please introduce yourself and your professional background.
- Music and social cohesion: how do you think music can help us in developing more inclusive societies?.
- What do you think are the benefits of incorporating ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) in your classroom? Do you have any relevant experience that you would like to share with us?.
- From your experience, what do you think are the challenges related to online teaching through the pandemic period?
Covid-19 and travelling to Cyprus
Cyprus has introduced the country categorization of the European Centre of Disease and Control (ECDC), which classifies countries into green, orange or red categories. The grey category will also be added which foresees obtaining a special permission to travel to Cyprus. The Ministry of Health will announce on a weekly basis the categorization of the countries. An announcement concerning any future change will be published at the following link.
All passengers, regardless of the country category, will need to apply for a Cyprus Flight Pass through the dedicated electronic portal. Visit the following link for information on passengers who meet the requirements for a test in Cyprus.
Please note that the cost of the laboratory test (RT-PCR) for Covid-19, for passengers who meet the requirements to undergo the test for COVID-19 upon their arrival in Cyprus, is 30 euros and must be paid by each participant. Please check the Cyprus Flight Pass website for any updates.
In order to apply for participating in the intoMUSIC project, please follow the link below to fill out the application.